GK Quiz & Current Affairs for UPSC in English, in this post we are providing you Most Important Points related to Current Affairs which are collected from India and All over the World, and some points are collected from some other sources on the internet, newspapers, etc.
As we saw in previous exams, so these points are very important for your Competitive Exams like UPSC, SSC, Bank Clerk, Railway, Bank Clerk, IBPS PO, And all State Exams.
So here in this post, we are posting some important points of today’s Current Affairs
Because as you know that nowadays Current Affairs always covered 60% of the GK & GS section of any Exam, and this does not matter whichever exam you are preparing for.
So our advice is that you should prepare for your exam with our Current Affairs Content. As you know that we are providing Current Affairs here in both Languages Hindi And English.
This post is in English if you prefer Hindi click the link given below
GK Quiz & Current Affairs in English 4 September 2020
- On 2 September 2020, the Union Cabinet approved the National Civil Service Capacity Development Program (NPCSCB) named “Mission Karmayogi”. This program will be the basis of capacity building for government employees so that they will be constantly connected to Indian culture while learning excellent working practices from all over the world. Mission Karmayogi aims to prepare future Indian public servants who are more creative, reflective, innovative, professional, and technology-enabled. The Union Cabinet has approved the introduction of NPCSCB with the following institutional structure: –
- Prime Minister’s Public Human Resources Council.
- Capacity Development Commission.
- Special Purpose Company (SPV) for the ownership and operation of digital assets and a technological platform for online training.
- Coordination Unit headed by the Cabinet Secretary.
- This program was created to lay the foundation for the capacity building of civil servants. This program will enhance Indian cultural values and sensibilities among civil servants. An iGOT Karmayogi platform will be set up for the program. iGOT stands for the Integrated Government Online Training Platform. The main principles of this program are:
- Emphasize on-site learning
- Supporting change from “rule-based” to “roles based” for human resource management
- Creating an ecosystem of shared training infrastructure
- Civil Service Posts Check
- Providing opportunities to civil servants to further strengthen their behavioral and functional domain competencies
- Partnering with Best-in-Class Content Creators. This includes startups, universities, public training institutes, and individual specialists.
- 46 lakh central government employees have been included in this scheme. Thus, the Government of India has estimated the required funds as Rs 510.86 crores. The scheme will be implemented between 2020-21 and 2024-25. Also, an evaluation platform will be created to monitor the success of this scheme.
- India has been included in the top 50 countries for the first time in the Global Innovation Index (GII). India jumped four places and reached the 48th position. In the Central and South Asian countries, it continues to top this index. The list of the Global Innovation Index, 2020, was jointly released on Wednesday by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WHIPO), Cornell University, and INSEAD Business School. The World Intellectual Property Organization said in a statement that Switzerland, Sweden, the United States, Britain, and the Netherlands continue to lead the list. According to the list, India ranks among the top 15 countries in the index of innovation like ICT (Information and Communication Technology), the export of services, government online services, and graduates in science and engineering. The report also states that IIT-Delhi, IIT-Bombay,
- The Ministry of Information Technology has made use of the powers conferred under the relevant provisions of the Information Technology (Procedure and Security Measures to Block the Use of Information by the Public) Rules, 2009, provided under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, and of threats. Because of the evolving nature, it has been decided to block 118 apps, including the mobile gaming app PUBG, as per the available information, it is involved in activities that are for India’s sovereignty and integrity, defense of India, the security of the state and public order. Are harmful PubG is developed by South Korean video game company Bluehole. However, a Chinese multinational company Tencent has a stake in it.
- 11 teams of scientists from India and the United States will soon jointly explore novel solutions ranging from Novel initial diagnostic tests, antiviral therapy, drug repurposing, ventilator research, defection machines, and Covid-19 sensor-based symptom tracking. These teams have been selected to initiate these initiatives through a rigorous bi-national review process of applications received for an invitation under the COVID-19 ignition grants in April 2020 released by the US India Science and Technology Endowment Fund (USISTEF). USISTEF has launched a unique solution to address Covid-19 challenges, Eleven bilateral teams have been proposed, proposing innovative ideas. USISTEF has been established through the Government of India (through the Department of Science and Technology) and the United States of America (Ministry of External Affairs) for the promotion of joint activities that will promote innovation and entrepreneurship through the application of science and technology.
- One of the primary objectives of the Ministry of Water Power is to mobilize water conservation in the country and strengthen the consciousness of water. To further this objective, the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Water Power has launched ‘Water Heroes – Share Your Stories’ from September 1, 2020, to reach people on important topics like water conservation and management. Jal Nayak – Tell Your Story) has launched the competition.
- The National Crime Records Bureau released data on farmer suicides. It is a part of the Accidental Deaths and Suicides report in India published by NCRB. In October 2019, the National Crime Records Bureau released the report “Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India”. However, this did not include statistics on farmer suicides. This created a huge controversy in the country. Data about farmer suicides were available only until 2015. Data on 2016 agricultural suicides was presented to the government in early 2018 by the NCRB. However, it was not published. According to recently released data on farmer suicides, in 2019, about 42,480 farmers and daily wage earners committed suicide. It has increased by about 6% over the previous year. Other findings of the report are as follows: In 2019, about 10,281 farmers committed suicide. This figure is 10 in 2018. 357. In 2019, the number of daily rural salaried workers who committed suicide was 32,559. The number was 30,132 in 2018. Chhattisgarh had the highest suicide rate in the country at 26.4%, followed by Kerala at 24.3% and Telangana at 20.6%. Farmers’ suicides in the country contribute 7.4% of total suicides. Out of 10,281 farmers, 4,324 were agricultural laborers. In 2019, a total of 5,563 male farmers and 394 female farmers committed suicide. The states where farmer suicide rates have risen are as follows:
- Bihar: 44.44%
- Punjab: 37.5%
- Daman and Diu: 31.4%
- Jharkhand: 22.6%
- Andhra Pradesh: 21.5%
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Textile Committee, India, and the Messrs Nissenken Quality Evaluation Center, Japan to improve the quality and testing of Indian textiles and apparel for the Japanese market. Permission has been granted. This will enable the MOUsers Nissenken Quality Evaluation Center, Japan to designate the Textiles Committee as its cooperative testing and inspection service provider in India for textile and apparel products.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding between the Geological Survey Department of the Ministry of Mines, Government of India, and the Geological Survey Department of the Ministry of Employment and Economy of Finland (Geologist Tutkimaskescu) for cooperation in the field of geology and mineral resources. Has given This MoU facilitates the strengthening of scientific collaboration between the two organizations for geology, training, mineral forecasting and suitability analysis, 3 / 4D modeling, seismic, and other geophysical surveys.
- For the first time in Jammu and Kashmir, Kashmiri will get official language status. In a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it was decided to give the status of the official language of Jammu and Kashmir along with Kashmiri as well as Dogri and Hindi. The previously recognized Urdu and English will continue to be the official language. According to Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Jitendra Singh, a bill in this regard will be introduced in the upcoming session of Parliament.
- Honorable President of India has awarded the Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards to the following personnel of the Railway-Protection Force (RPF).
- Best Jeevan Raksha Medal (posthumous)– Late Shri Jagbir Singh, Constable / Northern Railway: Late Shri Jagbir Singh laid down his life at the railway premises near Adarshnagar-Azadpur railway section Delhi while saving his life on duty. Introducing indomitable valor, he saved the lives of these children regardless of himself.
- Uttam Jeevan Raksha Medal– Shri Shiv Charan Singh, Constable / Western Railway: Shri Shiv Charan Singh, while guarding the train on train number 12959 on 10.08.2019, observed that when the train stopped due to waterlogging on the tracks near Shyamkhali railway station, due to heavy flooding Some people were screaming for help due to being trapped. Shri Shivcharan Singh, regardless of his life, reached out to help and saved the precious lives of 09 persons.
- Uttam Jeevan Raksha Medal– Mr. Mukesh Kumar Meena Head Constable / North Western Railway: Mr. Mukesh Kumar Meena, Head Constable / RPF / Jodhpur Division, on 16.09.2018, while saving the life of a female passenger with 02 children while guarding in train number 22478 Displayed exemplary courage. Mr. Mukesh Meena jumped from the running train and took the female passenger out of the gap between the platform and the train with her two children.
- The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of India has accepted the proposal of the Department of Sports to give the benefit of sports quota to the athletes of 20 new sports on 1 September 2020. The number of sports eligible for the appointment of talented sportspersons in the Central Government offices has now increased from 43 to 63 and includes indigenous and traditional sports like Mallakhamb, Tug of War, Roll Bal. The 20 new sports included in the revised list released by the DoPT are Baseball, Body Building (it was previously included as part of gymnastics.), Cycling Polo, Def Sports, Fencing, Kudo, Mallakhamb, Motorsports, Net Bal, Para Sports (sports covered in Paralympic and Para Asian Games), Pancake Silts, Roll Bal, Rugby, Sepak Collision, Soft Tennis, Shooting Ball, Tenpin Bowling, Triathlon, Tug of War and Wushu.
- Lebanese Ambassador to Germany Mustapha Adib has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of troubled Lebanon. Adeeb, who has been Berlin envoy to Beirut since 2013, belongs to a small Sunni party headed by former Prime Minister Najib Mikati. Prime Minister Hassan Diab’s government submitted its resignation to the President just days after the explosion in Lebanon. President Michel Aun had asked Lebanese ambassador Adeeb in Germany to form a new government after securing 90 votes in the 128-member parliament.
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited has launched an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-operated voice chatbot, “LiGo” on Google Assistant. This will enable the policyholder of the company to answer their questions through easy voice commands. It provides easy-to-use and convenient service touch-points for customers. The expansion of LiGo’s functionality to Google Assistant is a part of the company’s strategy to provide a better customer experience. Customers can get information about their policies immediately by activating Google Assistant on their Android smartphone, by speaking their policy number or registered phone number. The assistant is available in Indian English and supported 9 Indian languages. The new facility launched will provide an additional layer for customers, namely, making the digital platform more robust.
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s daughter Isha and son Akash Ambani have been included in FortyRun’s ’40 Under 40′ list. This list includes the people of the world who have inspired people. Baiju founder Baiju Ravindran has also been included in this list. In this, inspiring celebrities under the age of 40 have been selected in five fields. These sectors are Finance, Technology, Healthcare, Government, and Politics. Isha, Akash, and Byju Ravindran have been included in the technology list.
- Walmart’s flagship Flipkart wholesale has started its online wholesale business from three cities in the country. In the first phase, this service has been introduced among the local manufacturing units operating grocery stores from Delhi, Gurugram, and Bengaluru. The company says that it is just starting with 50 brands and 250 local merchants. By the end of the year, it will be expanded to 20 cities. Apart from Amazon, Metro Cash, and Carry, the company will challenge the recently launched Reliance Geomart in this sector.
- Avik Sarkar, Emeritus Editor and Vice President of Anand Bazaar Group of Publications, has been elected as the new Chairman of the Press Trust of India (PTI). He will succeed Vijay Kumar Chopra, chief editor of the Punjab Kesari Newspaper Group. Avik Sarkar was instrumental in Indian Penguin Books, the founding managing director of Penguin India, the founding editor of Business Standard, and the acquisition of Star News in 2003 by ABP Group.
- Commodore Hemant Khatri (Retd) has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of the Government of India-owned defense shipbuilder Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. He will replace Rear Admiral LV Sharat Babu (retd). Before this, Hemant Khatri was serving as director of strategic projects at HSL. The appointment of Hemant Khatri as CMD of HSL was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on 27 May 2020, from 1 September 2020 to 31 July 2025 until the date of his retirement or until further orders.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Pramod Chandra Modi as the Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes for six months i.e. from 01.09.2020 to 28.022121 or until further orders. The CBDT is headed by its chairman, it can have a maximum of six members. It formulates the policy for the Income Tax Department. PC Modi, a 1982 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre) officer, was appointed CBDT chief in February 2019. After his retirement on August 31, 2019, he was re-appointed to the post for one year in August last year till August 31, 2020.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to establish “anti-electricity theft police stations” in every district of the state to overcome the problem of frequent cases of electricity theft. An order issued by the Home Department stated that a police station dedicated to dealing with the issue of power theft would be opened in all 75 districts, out of which 63 have already started functioning. The government has increased the number of enforcement teams from 33 to 88 to initiate action against those involved in power theft. There are already 53 teams working.
- Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar has written a picture book titled “The Big Thoughts of Little Luv” inspired by his twins Yash and Roohi. This book will be published by Juggernaut Books. The book is based on the story of twins Love and Kusha, which describes the challenges parents face during their upbringing. Earlier in 2017, Karan Johar released his autobiography titled “An Unsuitable Boy”.
- The Cycling Federation of India (CFI) will host the first cycling summit in 2021 to encourage the culture of cycling in the country. This one-day summit will be to promote the culture of cycling and exchange information with budding and professional cyclists. The Cycling Summit 2021 will be hosted in Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore and is expected to meet a unique confluence of bicycle enthusiasts, renowned athletes, and businesses from across the country. The Cycling Summit 2021 will include cyclists, athletes, fitness and sports enthusiasts, cycling coaches, health and nutritionists, and influencers. Also, it will have indigenous and global brands that cater to the needs of health, fitness, and cycling enthusiasts. The summit is estimated to have around 25,000 people in each city.
- Recently during the standoff with China on the “Line of Actual Control- LAC” in Ladakh, “Special Frontier Force- SFF”, known as ‘Vikas Battalion’ Also known, has played an important role in capturing some strategic heights. “SFF” was formed in the year 1962, immediately after the Indo-China war. It was a “Covert Outfit” in which Tibetans were recruited, but now both Tibetans and Gurkhas are recruited. Initially, it was known as “Establishment 22”. It was named ‘Establishment 22’ because it was proposed by “Major General Sujan Singh Uban”, “Thamejar General Sujan Singh Uban” was an artillery officer, Who commanded the “22 Mountain Regiment”. It was then designated as the “Special Frontier Force” and now comes under the purview of the Cabinet Secretariat, where it is headed by an “Inspector General”, an army officer of the rank of Major General.
- According to the announcement made by the Department of Space, Government of India, Indian astronomers have discovered one of the farthest constellation galaxies of the universe, which is estimated to be 9.3 billion light-years away from Earth, making a significant achievement in space science. is. Giving information in this regard, Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh said that it is a matter of pride for the country that India’s first multi-wavelength space observatory ‘AstroSat’ named AUDFs01 9.3 billion light-years away from Earth. A galaxy is explored. The discovery of this galaxy was conducted by Dr. of the Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune. Kanak Saha is led by a team of astronomers. This important discovery made by Indian scientists will help to know how the dark age of the universe ended and how the light was produced there. AstroSat is India’s first multi-wavelength satellite with five unique X-rays and ultraviolet telescopes operating. It was launched on 28 September 2015 by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- Google has partnered with the “Bangladesh Water Development Board” to bring flood warning services into the country. Google announced this on its official blog, stating that it currently covers more than 40 million people in Bangladesh and is working to expand its coverage across the country. Citing a study done in collaboration with “Yale”, said that more than 65% of people who receive advance flood warnings take action to protect themselves and their property.
- In Madhya Pradesh, a huge “Quit India Quit Campaign” was launched by the state government. Urban Development and Housing Minister Bhupendra Singh said that this campaign has been given the form of a mass movement. The campaign was divided into five themes – Cleanliness Pledge, Continuous Reduction in Urban Waste Emissions, Sanitation in COVID Conditions, Segregation of Waste from Household Sources, and launching a Special Sanitation Campaign for Public Places.
- This robot named ‘Spot’ has been developed by ‘Boston Dynamics’ of “Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)”. It can be controlled by a handheld device, it can walk on four legs like a dog. This robot has four cameras (one infrared and three monochrome). It can measure people’s temperature, respiratory rate, pulse rate, and blood oxygen saturation from 2 meters away. Infrared Camera measures skin temperature and respiratory rate. Whereas the Monochrome Camera measures pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation.
- The Central Government said that publication of all government calendars, diaries, and other such materials will be stopped and will be available in digital form. All ministries, departments, public sector undertakings will now adopt digital or online mode. The Ministry of Finance has said that the use of e-books will be encouraged in all areas. There will be no publication of other material like calendar, desktop calendar, diary during the coming year in any ministry and department.
- India’s Sumit Nagal has reached the second round of the US Open Tennis tournament. He defeated Bradley Clohan of USA 6–1, 6–3, 3–6, 6–1 in the first round. World No. 122 player Sumit Nagal is the first Indian to win the match in the main draw of Grand Slam singles match in the last 7 years. Earlier in 2013, Somdev Devvarman reached the second round of the Australian Open, French Open, and US Open. In the second round, Sumit Nagal will face Dominic Thiem of Australia.
- World Coconut Day is celebrated every year on 2 September. This day is celebrated in the Asia-Pacific region including India. In India, coconut is grown in Kerala, Karnataka, Sundarbans, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh. This year, this day was celebrated under the theme ‘Invest in coconut to save the world’.
- Recently a rare inscription of Renati Chola Era has been discovered during excavations in the Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh. This rare inscription is a piece of dolomite rock. On which is engraved in the Telugu language. This inscription engraved in 25 lines was written in ancient Telugu language, 11 rows on one side of the rock, and 14 lines were engraved on the other side. This inscription dated to around the 8th century. It is said that this area (the area around Kadapa district) was under the Chola Maharaja of Renadu. Educationists state that this inscription was gifted to a person named Sidyamayu (Six Martatus [Marttus-a type] The land measuring unit of) is related to land records. Sidyamayu was one of the Brahmins who served the temple in Pidukula village.
- Recently, a 2400-year-old Egyptian mummy in the historic Albert Hall Museum was protected from waterlogging due to excessive rainfall in Jaipur city of Rajasthan. According to Albert Hall Museum officials, this mummy ‘Tutu’ (TUTU) dates back to the Ptolemaic era of Egypt (322 BCE to 30 BCE). This mummy is a female member of the Egyptian priestly family ‘Tutu’ (TUTU) It was acquired more than 300 years ago in the Akhmin area of the ancient city of Panopolis in Egypt. This mummy (one of only six in India) was assigned to the then king of Jaipur, Sawai Ishwar Singh (Sawai) Ishwar Singh) was gifted by the Museum of Cairo (Egypt) in 1887 for an exhibition in Jaipur. The Albert Hall Museum in Jaipur is the oldest in Rajasthan and serves as the state museum of Rajasthan.
As we wrote that the points used in this post are taken from various sources, so maybe you find there many mistakes, if you found any mistake in this post or anywhere else on this website then please Contact Us. We will try our best and correct that mistake.
Hey Learners, I am Dr. Curious and I am here to help you with your curiosities related to competitive exams here you
will get current affairs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and for your concern about English we are providing here daily vocabs and for your
gs and gk we are uploading here pdfs notes, important questions, and solved question papers of previous years.